For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd of Chelmer Mills, New Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1PN.
We will treat all your personal information as confidential, although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below. We will keep it on a secure server and will endeavour to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and store the following kinds of personal information
- information relating to your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, length of visit, page views and website navigation
- Any other information that you choose to send us including but not restricted to information from surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes, communications we receive from you reporting problems with or comments about our site
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. You may find out more about how cookies work on http://www.cookiecentral.com.
Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- supply you with goods and services purchased via the website
- send you general commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send you marketing information relating to special offers and other items that we think may be of interest to you by email, or post or similar technology
If you do not want your information used for direct marketing purpose please check the relevant box on the form we use to collect your data or alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If W & H Marriage & Sons Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will securely store all the personal information you provide. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.